Watermelon Orange Ginger Turmeric Juice #drink

This summer, amid a generous share of tacos, draaanks, and ice cream, I’ve picked up a juice habit. One juice, two juice, red juice, blue green juice…I’m into them all. This love for juice spurred from an all too convenient juice place opening near my office, which – let’s be real – is a welcome reprieve from the billion coffee shops nearby (and I do love me some coffee). All this juice is great for sneaking in nutrients and getting a refreshing boost during the day, but it’s not so hot on the wallet. Eeeesh.


Even with blending and straining, you can definitely taste the ginger here, which is one of my favorite juice ingredients. I used a full 3-inch knob of fresh ginger, but if you’re not really into tasting ginger at the forefront of your drinks you can add less. Same with the turmeric. I used one teaspoon of ground turmeric and you can definitely taste it. It’s not tremendously overpowering in my opinion, but if you haven’t sorted out if you’re a turmeric fan or not, I’d suggest adding closer to three-quarters of a teaspoon or even a little less to start.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 18 oz freshly squeezed orange juice (from about 6 oranges)
  • 7 cups of cubed watermelon
  • Approx. 3" knob of peeled ginger root
  • 3/4 - 1 tsp ground turmeric


INSTRUCTIONS:

  1. Juice six or so oranges, or until you've reached 18 oz of juice.
  2. Cut and cube watermelon and add watermelon chunks to a blender. Add ginger (no need to mince or grate) and turmeric. Pour in orange juice.
  3. Blend until watermelon chunks have liquefied and juice is as smooth as it'll get. Pour juice through a strainer and discard pulp and ginger remnants. Chill and enjoy!

Recipe Adapted From: mysequinedlife.com



source https://www.alanavaleria.site/2019/01/watermelon-orange-ginger-turmeric-juice.html Via THE BEST CHICKEN https://bestchickenmom.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

0 Comments